Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Little History

In January, 2011, I closed my business and started a new life as a full time SAHM. Although I now enjoy most days as a SAHM,  I didn't close my business because I wanted to be a SAHM, but because with the changes in the economy, it was costing me more to keep my business open than I was making, and I was quickly sinking into debt.

I wish I could say I took this transition well, but I didn't.  I  became a depressed, overweight, out of shape, and spiritual mess of a person.

In January, 2008, I gave birth to my youngest daughter.  I loved being able to take her to work with me and watching as she grew and developed into such an interesting little person. She enjoyed helping me apply vinyl to vehicles.

 I had given birth to my son in November, 2010 and I just was not bouncing back very quickly. Business was slow to nonexistent. I would give out anywhere from zero to eight quotes a week on orders, and never hear back from anyone.  Most of my old clientele said they could not afford to get business shirts and promo items any longer because of the increased cost of fuel.  I could not reduce my cost because my cost of materials had increased anywhere from 20% to 100% with the increased fuel charges.    I hated closing my screen printing business and it made me feel like a failure.

Fast forward to today, and the purpose of this blog. I am pushing 200 pounds, and I am in just about the worst physical condition that I have every been in.  I am tired, depressed and more than just a little annoyed with myself.

I am vowing to TAKE IT BACK!  Control of my life that is. I want to be back in shape physically, mentally and spiritually. Follow along on my journey to becoming a better person. Pray with me as I strive to make changes in my life that will make me a better wife, a better mother, a better person, and a better child of God. It is time to overcome the negative thoughts, and become the positive person I know I can be and want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment